Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Big News

I mentioned before about some big changes headed my way.  A lot of you already know this, but
I AM OFFICIALLY MOVING BACK TO LA THIS MAY!!



Part of me is really sad about this.  However, moving home was not a rash decision I made.  It was not just me running home, running away.  I have spent the last seven months thinking about what I want for my life and what I want my future to be.

I want to be around my family and my closest friends.  I would like to build a life and someday get married, have children and build a family of my own within the love and community I feel so strongly there.  It was truly a decision.

Can't wait to be reunited with my friends and family




I am really thrilled to be able to continue working remotely for the same firm I work for now and I am excited for all the possibilities this brings with it.  The partners at my firm have been really supportive and are excited.  We are all hoping that I will eventually start an LA office for our firm, which is a huge career move for me and the firm.  I also am hoping to buy a house in the next year.  When did I become such a grown up!? Life is a crazy thing my friends.

I am really excited for the future and know deep down that this is right.  All of those past struggles and disappointments have lead me to something so great and something I really never even dreamed possible.

I am so thankful.

11 comments:

  1. That's fantastic!!! Being close to family and friends is what life is all about - it's wonderful that you are able to make the move and continue to work for the same firm!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes may?? fantastic! we will meet up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! It is so nice to not have to switch jobs too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you!!! (Though, it's equally sad for San Francisco.) I can't believe you're moving so soon! We should get a drink or something to celebrate, if you have time before you leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for all the amazing things happening in your life! Although, I am SO sad that we've gotten close and now my SF blog friends are moving away! :( We have to make the most of the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Congratulations!! That is very exciting for you! And so awesome that your firm will let you work remotely, sounds like the dream job! May is right around the corner! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the song says, "God bless the broken road". Sometimes our hardest struggles take us to where we need to be, and usually we're happier in the end! :) I am jealous you're moving back to LA, I used to live in Cali, and I miss the sunshine! Adventures are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg congratulations!!!!!!!! I love LA. I spent a summer there a while back and loved it so much. I found there was something so mood lifting about this place. Everyone was so nice. I can completely understand the need to be around family and friends and that's great you can still work for the same firm! Looks like all is working out quite well then :) So happy for you. Best of luck with the move! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO exciting!!! It really is so great (and important, I think) to be around people you love the most. That sense of community can't be beat. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Chantal! That is so exciting! :) And selfishly I'm excited you're moving down here because now we can finally be blog besties right? :) Enjoy the last few weeks there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Chantal!! So exciting and SO grown up ;) PS I LOVE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA :) ..so lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover