Thursday, January 8, 2015

Little Girl Room Make Over

For Olivia's birthday this year, Michael and I re-did her room.  Her favorite things are pink, purple and princesses so we went with that.

Before:  (I forgot to take pics before we cleaned out her room and rearranged the furniture, but you can see the color and layout)





During:


Amazing pink striped wallpaper.  This was pretty easy to do and we anticipate it was easier than paining stripes.

I saw this project of wrapping letters in yarn on pinterest and loved it.  It turned out very cute, but be warned....each letter takes about one hour!!




After:


Got this cute princess step stool at Home Goods


She loves to sing so Daddy builty her a wooden stage.  We covered it in colored duct tape.  The curtains are made from a curved shower rod with regular window curtains on it.  The purple curtains are from Target. The tie backs are just cute ribbon.


Hooks for all of her princess dresses

Butterfly curtain rod from Bed, Bath & Beyond



Olivia supervising as Daddy puts her princess decals on the stage wall

All in all, we were very happy with how it came out.  It was exhausting to do in just a couple days, but it was well worth it to see how much she loves it.  The other night we were tucking her in bed to read a story and when she laid back on her pillow, she put her hands behind her head and said "this is the life!" hahaha still cracks me up!  Michael and I died laughing.  The things kids say.  Either way though, I am thrilled she loves her room and her bed now.

8 comments:

  1. Seriously how cute is that room?! I want one!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. That room is adorable! I love that you hung the dresses by the stage area. I bet if she closed the curtains, the stage could double as her own private dressing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing- the wall paper is perfect (sort of want it now). - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that room and her own personal stage??? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two did such an amazing job!! I bet your niece was sooo excited!!! Loving those yarn letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous! I wish I had a stage where I would dress up as Elsa and belt out those Frozen tunes ;)

    That would have been my dream room when I was a kid.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, what a dream to have this as a little girl and such a wonderful birthday present idea of you! So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Great job guys!! This is such a cute little princess’ room <3 No wonder she loves it! “This is the life” indeed ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover