Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Goals for the New Year




Instead of making resolutions, for the past three years of I have made a list of goals.  For 2014, I accomplished most of my goals.  The unaccomplished goals will be on my 2015 list and I will be adding a few more.

I like to set goals for myself in all aspects of my life to keep me heading in the direction I want to go.  My biggest goal last year was to "dare greatly."  You can read all about it here and here.  I feel like I took some risks in 2014 and I do feel like I dared greatly.  That is definitely something I want to continue with and keep in mind going forward.

While at church after Christmas, the pastor asked us to think about how we would describe 2014 in a nutshell and to think about the role Jesus played.  My 2014 in a nutshell was a year of healing and self-discovery.  Jesus played an active role, particularly in the healing process.  2014 was also a year of "new beginnings" for me.  You can read about that here and here.

I am not really sure what 2015 holds.  This year (in a couple weeks) I turn 29.  The number 9 in the bible symbolizes completeness or finality so perhaps 29 will be the end of one aspect of my life and completing another.  Time will tell.  Either way, I am the happiest I have been in years and I am hopeful that 2015 will be a joy-filled year.

Michael and I had a quiet NYE since he had to work NYE and NY day.  We did toast some mini champagne though!









2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year girl - can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Chantal!! So glad to read that you are the happiest you have been in years!! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover