Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pregnancy

I found out I was pregnant 3 days before Michael proposed, or on February 11, 2015.  We weren't trying to get pregnant and we were not even engaged yet so it was a complete SHOCK.  I was so stunned and overwhelmed, when I found out, I called my mom crying.  A little while later, I went to Michael's house.  I was so emotional I couldn't even say the words so I just showed him the test.  The look on his face washed away all of my fear; he was SO happy.  He held me and the realization sunk in for both of us.

I had to wait a few weeks to get in with the doctor.  Those weeks were torture.  When I finally did go, we got to see him and she confirmed that I was 7 weeks pregnant.



My first trimester wasn't too bad.  The main symptom I experienced was extreme fatigue.  Sometimes, it was so extreme that it would  cause me to have terrible headaches and I would just lay in bed.  Luckily, since I work from home, I was able to take naps at lunch time to get my through the day.

I craved orange juice, steak and healthy food.  Coffee, chocolate and sweets in general were very unappealing.  I got nauseous a lot and since I've been pregnant I get car sick very easily.  However, I never actually threw up.  Working out, made me dizzy and nauseous, so I went for walks almost every day.  If I ate breakfast, took my prenatal vitamins with OJ and went for a walk in the morning, usually I would feel better all day and the nausea would be minimal or non-existent.

Once I hit the second trimester, all of my food aversions disappeared and I began enjoying sweets and coffee again.



 



I am currently 19 weeks pregnant.  I have gained about 10 pounds.  I have no stretch marks yet.  I can feel the baby move in little flutters.  We know he is a boy and we have named him Henry Robert Thomas.

I don't have any major cravings or symptoms.  I get tired more easily and I have had sensitive gums.  I get restless leg pretty bad in the hour before bedtime, but luckily, it goes away when I go to sleep. Pregnancy brain has set in, in full force.  I am more clumsy than I was before (which is scary!).  I have been especially fond of broccoli, Cesar salad, Mexican food (especially enchiladas, which I never liked before I was pregnant), and fruit (particularly watermelon).  Most of these things I loved before I was pregnant so it is hard to know what caused what.

I won't be doing weekly pregnancy updates, but I did want to write some of this down so I would have it later for myself.

We are EXTREMELY excited about baby Henry and are so grateful that he is growing well and is healthy so far.  We are also extremely blessed for all of the love and support our friends and family have showered us with.  I was expecting some negativity and have not received any.  Please pray for our family and that Henry continues to grow healthy and strong until our due date on October 3, 2015.

4 comments:

  1. I love the name you chose and I'm so happy to hear you've had a great pregnancy so far!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop smiling as I read this! Look at your cute belly :) So happy for you! Love the name too, I love classic names like that. And October babies are the best! Andrew's birthday is the 1st, maybe they will be bday twins! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I'm sure it was a whirlwind it sounds like everything happened exactly as it should have!! And you look cute mama, barely even a bump!! Prayers for a continued positive pregnancy and healthy baby boy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again, Chantal! So very excited for you, and glad you've had a smooth pregnancy so far. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover