Monday, March 28, 2016

Catch Up Part 1: Henry to NYE

WOW!  I cannot believe how long it has been since I last blogged.  This is the longest I have ever gone since I started blogging.  I want to get back into it, but honestly, I am not sure how consistently I will be able to post.

Being a full time mama and full time lawyer is no joke!  It has been exhausting, but also very rewarding.

When Henry was first born we didn't want to post pictures.  We wanted to keep him to ourselves and spare him the social media blast.  I still have mixed feelings about sharing my sweet boy with the world, but I quickly discovered that I can't blog about my life without Henry and Olivia because they pretty much are my life!! SOO...I am going to start slowly easing back into blogging posting some pictures of the kids.

Henry is now six months old and Olivia is 8.  What a whirlwind 6 months this has been.  It has been SO much harder than I ever imagined it could be.  I have struggled with emotions, balancing work, stress, lack of sleep, breastfeeding etc.  I recently weaned Henry and as guilty as I felt at first, it really has been the best thing for both of us.  I feel so much less stress, impatience, frustration, etc.  I feel like  my old self again and I think that is best for everyone in our family.

Henry is HUGE so I am certainly not worried about him being malnourished.  At six months he is about 22 pounds and wearing 12 and 18 month clothing.  He is in the 95th percentile!!

Now here comes the fun part....the pics!

We took our own "newborn photos" and made an announcement on Shutterfly.  In the pic we chose, you can actually see his face ;)


When Henry was two weeks old, we took him camping.  We had fun, but the nights were miserable.  I won't be doing that again.










Olivia has adjusted surprisingly well to being a big sister.  Even 6 months later, she is obsessed with him and so loving.


Henry started sleeping in his crib at 3 weeks old.  No, he still does not sleep through the night.




Michael has been great about helping me get out for some girls' drinks so I can feel like a lady and catch up with my friends.

We got chickens in the midst of this as well.  They are really fun and both of the kids love them.



They lay all different colored eggs.

On this day, while Michael was at work, I got locked in the chicken coop in the evening while wearing Henry.  It was terrifying and I had to bust out.  My husband built the coop too well because it was not easy!!

Henry's first holiday was Halloween.  He was a bumblebee and Olivia was a fairy.  She picked his costume because she thought a bumblebee went well with a fairy.






Henry helps Daddy work on the car.

The first time we left Henry for the day was when I took Michael to the drag race finals for his birthday.




For Thanksgiving Michael had to work so Henry and I were on our own.  He wore this outfit long enough for me to get a picture before he had a blow out all over it.



I went back to work part-time when Henry was 2 months old.  That worked really well so when he was 3 months old, I went back full time.  That was a really hard transition for all of us.  It has taken 3 months (and help from the Grandmas!)  for us to get into a groove and me to feel like this is manageable.

In December we took Henry to one of Daddy's races.  He didn't really like the loud noises and at the end he got his first cold.  Poor guy.


Henry got his name on Daddy's car.


I got us all matching stockings.  I couldn't resist.

Our first family photo as a family of 4!

We also hosted a Christmas party for Michael's co-workers.  Yes I have a problem saying no and I never should have agreed!!

Olivia playing school and "teaching" her cousins and Henry.  I die.


Christmas Eve candlelight service with the family.

All 4 cousins got matching footie jams for Christmas.



Squeezed in another night out with the girls (and Henry).

A quite New Years Eve with daddy and this little fella.




2 comments:

  1. Love all the family pics! And glad you are beginning to adjust! Even if sporadic, happy you're back to blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing great! Henry is precious, what an adorable family you have!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover