Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful

This time of year we all try to be more thankful for the blessings in our life.  My husband and I have tried to teach our children the importance of giving to others, particularly being neighborly.  I baked pumpkin snickerdoodles for 10 of our neighbors and the 4 of us went door-to-door delivering them in the evening.  Olivia could not understand at first why we were doing this, but I think by the end she knew.  I was surprised by how many of them invited us in to chat and hang out (most of them!).  It ended up being really fun and a good way to get to know our neighbors more.

This evening I was thinking about all of the work I have this week, how I am going to manage that with the kids and Michael working and then how/when I am going to plan and cook Thanksgiving dinner for our whole family.  I immediately thought "I cannot wait for Thanksgiving to be over."  And then I realized that I was so busy and busy trying to teach my kids to be grateful that I missed the lesson myself.  God calls us to be thankful in all circumstances...even busy and stressful ones and I WAY too often forget this.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:18 

I have wonderful neighbors, a wonderful family, a wonderful job and more blessings than I could ever write out on this blog.  The things that cause me the most stress (my children, our house, and my job) are actually HUGE blessings and my favorite things.  I am going to try to embrace my crazy busy life over the next two weeks, take things one at a time and be THANKFUL for all that God has given me in all circumstances.







He was a car mechanic for Halloween.


Typical getting into mischief, but those chubby legs just kill me!






He is a climber for sure!

Our kids have the best grandparents.  We are all so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a beautiful and healthy family to be thankful for! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a lot to be thankful for! It's so easy to get caught up in the little everyday stressors and let them feel HUGE. I'm SO guilty of that! Being thankful - even if it's just a little bit everyday - is so helpful! I always start to feel bogged down by the holidays, but then I have to remind myself to CHILL!!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover